Saturday, June 5, 2010

Pat Tillman- carrying two teams















Patrick Tillman excelled at many sports, but after baseball he vowed himself to football. His dream was to play collage football. After 911 Pat had changed his dream. He joined the special forces to fight in Afghanistan. He wanted to make a difference. "Honour, integrity, dignity were not only part of Pat Tillmans life it was his life." This young man had dreams and he also wantedto make a difference in the world and he did. His ambition drove him to the top.

When you dream and have ambitions, and actually work towards them then your future has a goal... Pat Tillman had a dream and he had the ambition to pursue that dream and his future was brighter than ever. Pat fought honourably and bravely until the last moments of his life. That is a leader in the making. To fight past constraints till the end is passion, its courage and its determination. When Eleanor Roosevelt said pretty much to dream big and dare to fail she was talking about Pat Tillman he dared to dream.

Pat Tillmans story isn't the stuff of legends because of how he died but because of how he lived! Pat Tillman did not die a he lived as one.

Do not stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.

1 comment:

  1. Pat Tillman showed a great deal of courage, commitment and ambition. He was a real American hero. He fought bravely and inspired many well done.

    ReplyDelete